Happy 'belated' fourth of July! I would love to truly celebrate this holiday with my whole heart, but, politics does not allow. We did light off some fireworks, but, still...the state of the nation baffles and saddens me. I hope yours was lovely, nonetheless.
We returned from our TN adventure on Sunday. It was wonderful! The Pastor and his wife have a home situated on some 18 acres of land. There are two miniature horses, a community farm and a creek. Olivia was in absolute heaven, as far as I could tell. She spent some time digging potatoes, playing in the creek and tending to the mini's. For the better part of our trip she asked if we could move there; it must've been something spiritual that settled her so? (I am certain the horses had a little to do with it though ;o).
I spent the week drinking an abundant variety of 'tea' and just sitting/relaxing/soaking it all in. The girls in Leoma LOVE tea! They have 'tea parties' and drink 2-4 cups a day. I am a total coffee fanatic and tea is not usually my first inclination but I did run into a cold while vacationing and tea became my very best friend. I also watched as Mrs. M cut and sewed an entire pattern; she did so at my request for knowledge and understanding of this simple chore/hobby. I believe that I learned A LOT and began implementing it this week on an apron. We chatted, a lot. I learned a bit of her life, she learned a bit of mine. It was a nice time of fellowship and a great exposure to wisdom regarding the things of the Lord.
I also had the chance to read a book by William Law/Andrew Murray concerning the 'dying of self.' I am still overwhelmed by the depth of insight provided, as it relates to Christ, the Christian, meekness, humility, patience and the resigning oneself to God. I hope to put it to good use; the title (and I highly recommend it): "The Freedom From A Self Centered Life."
It was a relaxing time to say the least and I pray that whatever the Lord has for me to take from it- I am open to receive it whole-heartily.
My last post indicated a great revelation of sorts from the Lord. This last week coupled with that specific moment of truth, have humbled me. I am certain that I walk too often with my natural eye and not enough in the Spirit. I am praying to find a place to sit, settle and familiarize myself with what the Word has to say about all circumstance and situations, so as to respond as Christ would. I find that my response to situations is what will either glorify or crucify Christ; I want to always do the former. The Word has alot to say about walking in carnality...it's so slight in my life that it's hardly recognizable until a circumstance requires humility, patience or meekness. I have been guilty (a lot) of having NONE of these during such times. My prayer is that the Lord will continue to work this out in me (Phil 1:6).
Here is a great bit of meat that I've been chewing on for the last few weeks, I pray that you'll be as encouraged by it, as I was:
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. (2Tim 1:8-12).
I pray that you're blessed this week!
In His Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment