Monday, July 12, 2010

Life in a day

Last week was full of lessons, as is the norm for me and my life (thank God). O and I worked together on her oral reading and I have to say- it increased tremendously within only (3) days. Our cirriculum last year didn't focus on out-loud reading and I think it may have hindered her a bit? We purchased Hooked on Phonics also (thank you Lord for Craigslist) and will begin this week- I am VERY excited and pray that this program will increase her desire to read more and more. We will utilize both it and the ACE curriculum from last year (along w/ the Charlotte Mason relaxed method). Being an avid reader myself, I cannot imagine what it's like to despise it. This said, she many NEVER learn to enjoy it and I will have to make peace with that possibility (although my prayer is otherwise and God has always been faithful, in His time).

I began sewing an apron and have almost completed it (yay). I have a few more things to do and time had not allowed. You would think it would be as easy as stitching a few pieces of material together and I suppose maybe it would be- if I were completely dedicated to the project but, daily life has many duties and interruptions! I hope to finish (and post pics) this week! I also did a bit of reseach on tea (and tea drinking). Silly? Eh, well, it's my blog and my life (he-he). I found out that there isn't much difference in the caffine intake vs. coffee but possibly the health benefits are more abundant. I've made it a goal of mine to try some white 'loose leaf' tea; maybe I will have the willpower to do away with the coffee (SHUT THE FRONT DOOR)! No really, I might try it? What could it hurt? In 2009, I learned to give up my love for all things sugar-EVERY SINGLE DAY! Maybe this year it could be the coffee bean (specifically SBUX)?

O had a tough week last week. I believe we are still seeing some emotional turmoil from her BFF leaving town. In addition, the Lord found it appropriate to move another little girl (and her brother) out of the neighborhood. This means that O has a little friend next door (sweet little boy her age, but often busy w/ his friends) and her cousins about 7 houses down the road (limited visability and quality time due to age and schedule). Last week I saw some pouting and yesterday some tears that her girlfriend from church could not come home and spend the night. This made me sad, of course. I am encouraged though, as this absence of others is forcing us to be with one another and consider each others likes and dislikes. It's also been a great opportunity to: teach role responsbility, encourage recognition of all things in life being of spiritual signifigance and learning patience (which is not a spiritual gift that either or us were born with, yet attain to have). We pray alot. We read the Word alot. We overcome ourselves A LOT. I love her. It hurts to see her hurt in any way. This is just another area in life where I will need to walk in faith, believing God that He has provided and will continue to provide all that she has need of in life. In fact, if I am honest, I often have to lay O down on the alter and repent for the arrogance I have in believing that I can somehow take care of her better than Him. This might be my trial more than hers --- :o)~

My garden has finally yielded some veggies/fruit! It's a first year and yes- it's tough! We've had 4 tomatoes, 6 okra, 1 green pepper, 3 banana peppers and our watermelon is finally producing something!!! Whoo-hoo! I am excited. I hope to post pics of this too!

Finally, I have been knitting too! 6 dishclothes finished and the pair of slippers I started in Feb (?) have yet to be completed! Hehe! Well, you know, I'm busy! But, I will post as I can.

I hope any of you reading have an awesome week!

In His Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment