Today, my heart skipped a beat when I recieved the message that someone I once knew and cared a great deal for...died. It came via text message and likely, I would have known sooner had I just been catching up on Facebook like normal but, I was a day or so behind. Technology is amazing and ridiculous all at once. A conundrum. This is the second death (close to my own soul) I've been notified of via techonology. However, (props) it is the same technology that allowed me to as immediately as I heard to email/post and attempt to phone those directly and most personally impacted by the tragedy. If you are reading this-I love you each and from the depths of my soul send out my prayers, hugs, love and encouragement.
There are no words though...none. None appropriate for the loss of son, brother or friend. 'I am sorry'---> doesn't really help or ease such pain, does it? My God does though- so-I pray.
Anyway, today, (similar to a few years back and the loss of another dear soul that impacted my life), my mind has been consistently flooded with memories galore and I just wanted to document a small tribute to the life of this person, the best I know how-via pen(or keyboard, as technology would require):
* Sitting in the living room full of smoke- in a blizzard the likes we had never seen prior
* Steely eyes
* Seminoles
* Cards on guitar strings
* A marriage celebration/a brother added
* 1993 - worst 5 months a high school girl could have and a rescue from the ditch
* the Front porch chats
* "The smile"
* Menthol Cigarettes
* that ride from Topps
* Newark Ave
* W Chase Drive in Dville/painting
* 7:22 after parties
* the Great Commission for similar souls
* that crazy dance in Buckhead
* the Italian from Atlanta
* the job w/sheets of metal
* Monterrey's w/Mom
* A humble me at Taco Mac
* Kenney Chesney
* May 2002
**Friendship**
These are some things we shared together. These are some fond recollections of my soul. There are so many more---not enough time or gumption to capture them all.
I pray for the peace of this family. I pray that God will rain down an outpouring of love, mercy and grace to each of their souls. I pray that anyone impacted by this loss ---seeks peace through our Lord Jesus Christ.
I thank God for the opportunity to have a permanent mark on my soul from this person and the family. We shared many laughs, tears and years...and I have a deep gratitude in my soul to God for it all.
In His love,
No comments:
Post a Comment