Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Death, Departure & Gratitude

There isn't much we've not done over the last few weeks! Sun Valley, shopping, a birthday celebration, a visit from Pastor, Six flags, gardening and lawn care! Thank you Lord for providing such a busy week- as usual, it was right on time. These last weeks have been amazingly emotional and potentially quenching to the soul but through the Lord Jesus, we have overcome!

First off, and for the second time in my thirties, I have attended a funeral of someone I cared for deeply. I am not familiar with all of the circumstances that led to this person's demise (nor do I really need to know) but, I am told that it was drug-related. There is no 'spin' you can put on a death like this that will make it make sense. I wept, I reminisced and I pray consistently for the women of his life to find peace and comfort through Jesus, especially his children. I knew the heart of this man--I know how much he wanted babies and to be a father and I know how tormented he must have been to have stepped back into a bondage that he fought so very hard to overcome. Satan wants to steal, kill and destroy folks- there are no 'if, ands or buts' about it.

In spite of this tragedy -I have found another reason for to praise God. I was an addict. I was an addict of alcohol and I understand the spiritual conditions behind this bondage. I have a deep ache in my soul to grab those in my life that I know (once knew), love (once loved) and see (or shared time with)-that suffer from this prison of addiction-and spill my spiritual guts out to each of them! Lord, give me a soapbox! ;o)

I have a deeply personal understanding of how pitiful life can be when you 'need' something other than Jesus to make it through a day. It makes me sad just typing it here in this post today :o(~. I found my deliverance in Jesus. I pray that those whom I had the privilege of seeing once again due to this tragedy also find a new life in Jesus! I pray that if you're reading and you need a testament of His love for you- you will call me! I will remind you! I praise my Saviour for the ability to live life sober and healthy. I praise Him for loving me enough to deliver me, create in me a new, clean heart and continuing to have mercy upon me until I chose Him over 'it.' He is faithful to see us all through--without medication---without harm and encouraging sanctification all at once. HOW AMAZING IS HE!

(I could go on and on here...but I won't...)

Second, Friday will mark 2 weeks that O's best girlfriend has been gone. She and her family recently moved back to California. We had a couple of months of emotional preparation, but, all I could do was think "who is she going to play with and what am I going to do with all of her potential emotion?" We prayed consistently for God to restore to her this friendship. We pray still. Just as He always does, He has already provided the much needed activity during this trial. How great is our God!!!

There were two times prior to "T" leaving Georgia, that O had a good cry. And, of course, the day before...she wept a little. We just prayed with her and told her that God is faithful to restore all people that are taken (removed) from us in our lives and that He knows best. I am amazed at how well she has handled this. I am even more amazed at how timely and merciful my Heavenly Father always is to me and to those whom I love. There is no denying the fact that God has restored and cultivated many relationships in my own life so I have faith that He will do so in hers. Keep this request on your list of things to pray for...thank you.

Knitting update: SUCH A STINKIN' procrastinator! I have a pair of slippers almost finished that I started several months ago. I have two orders to complete and a baby blanket---I hope to get back to these this week? If I can, I will post pictures. (This is for those of you who care, lol).

Finally, all this sadness to the soul has encouraged a great deal of reflection. I have a deep and renewed gratitude for my life specifically, my husband and child. These two are an amazing testament to the restoration in my life (which I humbly admit is undeserved). They have been my encouragers, my mirrors, my teachers and my blessings here on earth! I pray to never forsake these two...I pray that the Lord God will be just as good to all of you as He has been to me!

In His love and through His mercy,

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennifer! Gotta love blogs: an automatic "soapbox" with a record for posterity!

    Would those slippers look somewhat familiar to me when they are finished? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the 'blog' and stepping up to the soapbox on the issue of drugs/death is on my list of eventual recorded posts-there was not time today! Re: Slippers- I have not yet purchsed the required chunky yarn- I was working on another kind. I hope to begin your again before winter- I want to gift them--they're too cute to pass up. As you see though, I am quite a procastinator (for now, Lord deliver me, haha).

    ReplyDelete