Last night I had the most interesting conversation with an old friend of mine. She has been through a heck of a time this year and all she kept saying was "there is a lot worse off than me." She told this story of how she and her neighbor were leaning up against the fence, comparing the circumstances that led to their individual handicap(s):
"I never thought this was going to be a permanent thing" she says. S continues: "Nonetheless, the minute I realized how ridiculous the accommodations were for people with a handicap, I began writing letters and making phone calls. Now, I am going to be this way until God says otherwise and well, I am just not going give up on trying to help where I can, you know." "I've never heard someone in our condition speak so positively" he says to her. "Well, I just thank God I wake up breathing each morning" she replies. "God can heal me just as quick as HE allowed this to happen, you know?"
I ask myself, would I be this..(I don't know)...positive?
Here is a woman in or near her sixties, believing God. Hoping in the unseen. It's quite a testament to what positive thoughts can do to get you through, huh? I was encouraged. She has always been a great encourager of others, it is one of her gifts.I know there are a lot of people out there who suffer and remain positive; I just thought I should write about this one- as she touched my heart.
I write this today because I needed to remind myself. We all have our struggles, don't we? Needing an answer on a long awaited something or another? Needing an increase, a healing, a piece of wisdom, a friend or some love in that deep, dry crevasse that is our soul?
We all need just 1 more thing to 'just be alright' - right? In my moments of need for all things good- I turn to the Word. It always helps me and believe me...I NEED THE HELP!
Thanks S for sharing your story and encouraging me in my life last night! You're a gift!
Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; Psalm 30:11
All the days of the afflicted [are] evil: but he that is of a merry heart [hath] a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15
In His Love
No comments:
Post a Comment