I mentioned yesterday a new method of Bible study that we are applying here in the Phillips household. We read the Bible every day and typically- two times (one the a.m. with myself and Olivia and then once at night w/ daddy); reading the Word has always provided a spirit of peace at the beginning and end of our day(s). Without effort the Word changes our life and molds us- I am a firm believer in this intangible.
Why change it?
Well, Olivia is becoming old enough to begin her relationship with Christ alone. I believe this method is going to encourage this growth and have already seen great results. I pray that the 'method' will be a stepping stone into an everyday reliance upon our Heavenly Father- for all in my family.
I wanted to share my first S.O.A.P today (I am not sure that I will do this often). I have been considering the places I've been spiritually and emotionally over the last few weeks and believe it might encourage someone else struggling to understand a "why"- "how" circumstance in life. I pray that you'll find encouragement, as I did:
(S) -Scripture
Gen 1: 11, 29-31
The God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to it's kind, whose see is in itself, on the earth and it was so.
And God said, See I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food; and it was so. Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.
(O)-Observation
God you have prepared all things for my life and the life of my family. You have set in place an order beforehand to sustain us. You have prepared all 'resources' necessary- in advance of our needs.
(A)-Application
I have been attacked by spirits of fear and anxiety since we've departed from our church. I have had so many questions and concerns. I have focused on all things natural and set aside His ways for my own. These scriptures (along with prayers of deliverance) encouraged me to look at what He has already prepared for me/us. I am encouraged by these verses that my responsibility lies in trusting Him; meditating on the fact and truth that His works were and are already in place and established.
His plans will be fulfilled in spite of me. There are consequences to wrong choices but all things He allows in my life are for His glory and His plan. My life is His and I MUST surrender my thoughts, plans, fears, worries and anxieties to Him--every minute of every day.
I must resign myself to the truth that I am not really able to be the bearer of all burdens. I am not the Creator or Provider. I am just Jenn. I am just human. I am just adjusting to a change in my life and that this is okay and was well expected on the part of my Father in Heaven. I have to find hope in the Omniscient God that I have chosen in love to serve.
(P)- Prayer
Father, I pray for a daily reminder of the plans you have for me and my life as well as those who surround me. I pray to recognize that You have prepared beforehand the 'resources' needed to get through this time and all trials in the days to come. I pray to find comfort and peace in this TRUTH and to stand confidentially in moments of temptation to doubt You or rely upon myself. Thank you for the mercy and love you bestow upon me every moment of every day; thank You for adopting me. In Jesus Name, amen.
That's it...that's my S.O.A.P for the first day of 2011. I pray your encouraged--I was :o). Today's was good too- I imagine that they will all be productive- as God's Word does not go out void.
In His Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment