Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Marathon Me

I am quickly approaching the year 33 and with such intend to make some resolutions. My sister inquired as to whether or not I would be willing to run a 10k---and my response was uncharacteristically, yes. Yes? Eh-hem, well, it has been almost two years since this 'I DESPISE EXERCISE' lady has been run/walking and I think it's time to put myself out there an see what I am made of (physically speaking of course).

We will begin training on my actual date of birth (33 years later) with a minimal run at the local trail. I am very much looking forward to both the marathon and the training---both are just more of an excuse to spend time with my lovely sister and stay fit. How could any of that be a negative?

***
It has been 9 months of trial with the car. Today is a new day and it appears (she says hesistantly) that we may see our vehicle sometime around the 18th! Praise God!!! I have learned so much during this lengthy run that I can hardly get excited without a tinge of guilt. I am sure it has saved us money (which is great considering (1) income and the job change this year) but this circumstance has taught me so very much (she says with nostalgia): having (2) vehicles is a luxary - not a necessity; time spent in a car with your child is not the same as time spent at the home with your child (and I spent a lot of time in the car w/O); and finally-God knows best what we should be allowed to have and when we need it most.

I have said time and time again that I praise the Lord for this trial and I do. I don't want to ever forget the gift He's given me in and through this; should we continue to lack a car in the coming months, I will still praise Him. He is what saves me from myself and I can honestly say that I trust in His judgement more than my own :o).

***
We will start schooling again in about 23 days. Whooo-hoo! This will be year (3) for us and I am more confident and grounded than I have ever been before. I cannot take credit for this (again, all to His glory) and I feel it necessary to mention to any new homeschooling mothers,(or faithful readers considering such), that my support has been absolutely astonishing and necessary for our survival. I don't believe that God intends us to do anything without others- homeschooling your child(ren) is another example of how He knits people together for His glorification. We are a people set apart from the norm with reasons that run the gammet AND we are also parents-who can only overcome doubt, fear, unbelief and distrust by putting our faith in He who called us to perform this work. If you can run this particular race without Him, I'd sure love to hear your comments ;o).

***
I have faithfully applied for freelance positions for more than a year and FINALLY won a project! (Whoo-hoo)! Now, I don't believe it's my place to 'work' for a living, but, I can assist in some capacity without hindering my job here at home (which by far is the most important). I am so psyched and thankful to help in some way! Praise God! (Again)

***
I haven't yet purchased a tea pot or conquered the coffee love that is deeply ingrained in my soul--but--I have put them on my list of 'gifts' I would like and anticipate starting my new 'habit' as soon as I can.

***
So, some 33 year old goals....

- Run the 10K w/ my sister (and maybe a few more)
- Be more content in all things (material and otherwise)
- Seek fellowship/Take breaks often and share testimony of the miracles everyday
- Learn to change my speaking tone - less abrasive
- Remember my first job is wife/mom
- Drop the bean and pick up the leaves


Whaddya think?

I hope you're all doing awesome!

In His love,

No comments:

Post a Comment