Thursday, November 11, 2010

Presentation Day

Today was our first 'presentation day." O did great! She was a bit nervous at first and overcame right on time! It was an amazing thing to watch all of these home-schooled children (ages 3 to 9) get up and present something. I know they do reports in school and they have to stand up and speak in front of their peers and this was similar to that...except...I was privileged enough to BE THERE! I was able to share it with her! I was able to say "I love you" right before she was on stage.

It was a small part, very small. It is the beginning of something new for her though and just another great moment of time for the record book! I am so thankful to God for allowing me this opportunity! I cannot say it enough!

For those of you who attended today- your children were amazing! Great! I was so impressed!

Dearest O- "What did you wear when you were there? On the Mayflower, on the Mayflower."

It was a small part but GIGANTIC to you! I know that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you said "I feel kinda sick at my stomach mom." I have also experienced those butterflies-still do.

I wish that I could say this will stop. One day you will grow up and never have to deal with the 'butterflies in the stomach'- again- period. This isn't the case though...

What brings butterflies to my stomach today? At age 33?

Here are a few:

*Meeting new people*
This has never been easy for me as I haven't exactly obtained the 'self-control' thing that most people consider to be polite. I have come leaps and bounds though!

*Giving testimony to a stranger*
This does come easy but I am always afraid I have said too much or not enough. I wonder what God thinks...?

*Praying for someone I don't know*
This is the most un-natural thing for me to do- but I do it when I feel a prompting. This said, I still get butterflies and then consider what might go on in another's mind about all of what I just prayed?

*Running into someone from my past*
We evolve. As we age, this is what we do. This said, I have snapshots of people as I knew them in my life- and I imagine others to have those same snapshots. Despite the time passing and gaining wisdom yesterdays cannot easily be forgotten and there is something to be said about the written moments of ones life.

*Rebellion against God*
This is one that I am constantly in check on- am I doing this for the right/wrong reason? Do I need to confess something? Where am I according to His Word. I guess this will be an on-going 'butterfly' experience. ;o)

*You having a fit (backtalk or otherwise)*
Anytime you and I cannot move to the same beat I am shaken to my core. I know it's natural for a daughter/mother to fuss and such...it just always makes me question whether what I am doing is right thing or am I doing it the right way? You'll see...one day...despite your current stance on getting married and having babies.

The Lord teaches us that He did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. I say that to you often. I said it today.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2ti 1:7)

I hope you'll be reminded of this your entire life. Maybe you should hold onto it too--it encourages me and certainly did you today.

As believers, we are already strong enough before the play begins, you know? We have the power to say 'no' to the butterflies and move forward in faith that God will see us through---the play, the prayer, the circumstance, the impossible.

You did so well overcoming today. You do so well--EVERY SINGLE TIME. I am a proud mom! I cannot wait until our next 'butterflies' moment; I cannot wait to see how far you will have come...

In His Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment