Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life is Good

It's entirely unfair to write this blog for O to read one day - and leave out all of my struggles. I try to write them as they come- but sometimes- the trials hinder the ability to write. Thus is the case for me these days-please be patient with my lack of writing, I know something wonderful will come from it. Maybe my first book?

Life is good.

I like this bumper sticker, t-shirt saying and product branding. I genuinely believe that 'life is good'- with enough bad to require a Savior and supernatural loving entity that is our Father in Heaven.

Life is not however, without bumps, curves, mountains and sometimes oceans of circumstance, emotion and situation. I am not sure how anyone can make it through without faith, hope and trust in the Lord. This said, I don't often have enough of any in the moments I am tried. But, I know that He can bring me through it...if He brought me to it, right? :)

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding (Prov 3:5).
I often lean upon my own understanding. Isn't His grace sufficient for those times? I would have to hope so...

Our trial cannot be thoroughly written until it's a testimony. I will share when the time is right.

To my dearest O- when you read this- I pray that you will have the foundation in which to find hope in your trials. I pray that you'll accept that our life here in earth is forever changing and that through change we experience growth. Maybe you'll be able to look at the date on this post and recognize the change that is about to occur (will have occurred by then) in ours and understand that sometimes...change is the ONLY way to make things right.

On a less evasive and more positive note, I recently returned from FL and a visit with dear friend and her mother. We laughed a lot! It was good for my heart and I think they enjoyed our time together too. We are very different people, with very different lives...but we did share the common thread of faith in the Lord. Different doctrinal beliefs and understandings-but we shared in the love and thankfulness of Christs' sacrifice and what that means for us- life in those two days was 'good.' It's never easy being away from home - in a different environment than one is accustomed to but, there is a purpose in all things. I don't know all of the purpose in this visit- just the temporal purposes--but I am thankful nonetheless.

We had to catch up on more than a decade of happenings. I shared my testimonies- some of them are quite harsh- but I shared them anyway. How can you get to acquainted with someone and where they are if you don't know where they came from or how they came to be there? They shared plenty too. It was like a speed-round of catch up as the trip lasted a mere 48 hours. In the end, I felt a deep love for each of those I had seen and I was so thankful to have been allowed the opportunity to visit.

O- please don't ever deny yourself the ability to share a testament of your life - no matter how dark the moments. Sometimes it can change lives and other times--it can be an encouragement to your own soul as to how far you've actually come. This time away for me was both encouraging and educating. I missed my family -A LOT- but it was a good time nonetheless.

Projects have been steady. I finished the apron for KK (hope to have picture one day) and completed a throw for Linda. I am working on new slippers this year. NO SALES! Just making them for family...I have learned it's worth much more for me to make and give than to make and charge. I will post pictures of the slipper -when I complete.

So, today...life is good. Tomorrow too, I am sure. Any day that we're able to live, laugh and love (as the slogan reads) is a day that "Life is good." Wouldn't you say?

In His Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment